View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #12
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
To be fair, a lot of the reviewer's concerns are valid; the Fire is hardly a polished device. There are a few hardware flaws and a whole lotta OS flaws both in design and execution. I had much the same reaction when I first handled the Fire and most of my concerns haven't been addressed. But I promised myself I would use the Fire exclusively for 30 days before making a decision to keep it and in the 10 days I've had it, I've learned to live with most of its foibles. I think if the original reviewer did the same, he might as well, and he might find that Amazon fixes many of the problems through software updates. That doesn't excuse Amazon's decision to ship what I consider a flawed product, but I think in the long run the Fire will be a great device.

PS I should probably note that my three star review of the Fire is currently the top rated "critical review" on Amazon, so if anyone wants to understand more about why I call the Fire a.flawed product they can check it there under the name Billy Radcliffe.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote