View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 07:12 PM   #14
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
I see where you're coming from John. However there's a huge (in my opinion) difference between 1.49 an issue and 1.49 a month.

1.49 a month is 75p to me, which is well, a can of coke or something. Fire 75p on to a monthly subscription and I wouldn't mind at all.

What might be a better idea instead, is to package a whole lot of magazine/newspaper type things and sell it for 5 dollars a month. Sure, nobody is going to read them all, but a share of the 5 dollars is going to come out to a much larger amount than all the 1.49s.

Perhaps this better explains it. In the UK (and I imagine in the US) we pay a subscription fee to cable or satellite TV for a package of channels. Many of the channels we would never pay for, no matter what the monthly fee was if sold separately. However package them all together, and we're happy to a pay a low price for 50 of them. We're so happy in fact that hordes of us pay for the 50 of them together and the companies make more money than they would selling them separately.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote