Thread: Classic New User Questions
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
salmoneous
salmoneous began at the beginning.

Device: nook
New User Questions

Got a Nook for Christmas. So far I'm really enjoyingit. But a few, mostly technical, questions.

1) Under stetting, it says I have software version 1.4.3. I assume that means I have to update to 1.5, right? (Note - no interest in rooting or anything.) I'm hooked up to wifi, I've "clicked" on "check for new B&N content" in My Library. Nothing. Is it supposed to update to 1.5 automatically or something?

2) When I plug my nook into my computer (Windows Vista) I get a popup saying, "there might be a problem with some files on this device or disc. This can happen if you remove the device or disc before all files have been written to." In then asks if it can "scan and fix." I keep choosing "continue without scanning." Is that the right thing to do.

3) Is there no way to delete items (library downloads in particular) in My Documents from the Nook itself?

4) One of the library books I download was a comic boo...er graphic novel. So it's all pictures. Unfortunately, it's a bit small to read. Any way to zoom in?

5) I can get a 8gb memory card for $10. Seems like a no brainer. Any reason not to get one?

I'm probably have more questions later. But so far, just reading old threads here has been very helpful. Thanks.
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote