View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Motofone F3 as Ebook Reader?

Greetings,

An idea has been wurring around in my head for a bit now: would it be possible to use the Motofone F3, which features a basic eink screen, as a portable, extremely durable, extremely basic ereader? I could get a sim card and purchase a prepaid unlimited texting plan (these are not expensive if you don't want any minutes attached) and then use email-to-SMS gateways to send chapters of whatever book I'm reading to the phone. I could keep track of where I left off by only opening the messages when I intend to read them. I could also subscribe to various twitter and rss feeds to get news updates throughout the day. Can anyone who has this phone comment on the viability of this plan? I know the phone's text display capabilities are primitive (limited number of characters on screen at one time, limited punctuation, etc.) but if one is not a stickler for the formating of the text you are reading, is this doable? The phone itself is dirt cheap (less than $25 with free shipping on Amazon) so the risk would be minimal. Any opinions?

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote