View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #283
DannyY
DannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Marisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoreau View Post
That would be helpful. Marisa requires a C complier (obviously) to compile the code, and on my mac, this required installing xcode command line tools. Ironically, compiling gcc required a compiler (a sort of chicken and egg thing). It might be helpful to include that in the documentation/advisory about marisa.

I'm not a dev, so google was my friend, and thankfully marisa came with very basic readme's, but I still spent a good few hours trying to work around the 1.6 gig download of xcode, just to get a several bit piece of code into my path lookup (ugh).

Thank you AlPe.

edit: on a side note, I now appreciate the dictionary that Penelope converted far more than I would the same file spit out from a gui...

The very helpful Shellshock has already posted the compiled Marisa as an attachment here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...15#post2307615
DannyY is offline   Reply With Quote