View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #38
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Thanks for that nogle. I can conclude from your experience that one week of use should only cost 50% of the battery at most, since you don't charge up to 100% and hardly ever go under 50%. One more reason to suspect my Glo has a bad battery (current estimate of the test I'm doing is 8 days use from 100% to 0%, tops).
My experience is that 1 week uses perhaps 50%. The Kobo does reach 100%. I find that if I charge until it says 100% upon disconnection, it will report less than 100%. But if charged for a period beyond 100% then once disconnected it will remain at 100%.

Note that I am using a touch, not a glo. I don;t know how much drain the light causes.

I have also noted that searching for wifi does use a significant amount of charge. If I am on the train and it looks for wifi to bookmark a kepub, it has a significant cost in battery life. When wifi is not available, it appears best to have it off else it uses a lot of energy looking for a network.

I suspect none of this impacts your suspicion of a bad battery though.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote