View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 02:35 AM   #32
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Gang:

I suspect that my view of the possibility of this functioning, widely, is utterly jaded by my own experiences, and I am thus just mostly talking to myself, to hear myself talk. I don't like this at the best of times, so I'm just going to bug out of this discussion. I don't genuinely think I have anything to truly add, other than cynicism, so ...that's not helpful.

Hitch
I am going to bug out too. Apparently I am unable to explain the issues clearly enough. They are not limited to closed software that needs buying, but also to open source software.

Just look at writer software out there. There are various programs out there (both commercial and open source). They are aimed to supporting and helping writers and their creative process. Only a very small portion of writers are using it, altough most of them know it is out there (I think) and available. If writers are not even considering using software geared towards them, how would convince them to use this?

In real life I work in the integration field of software applications, I know quite well of the issues of different formats and mapping, especially with XML. I have professionally architected a framework to simplify the process to a great extent. I know the benefits of what you suggest. I just don't see it coming for this area without great, great issues.
Without Word support, you can forget about it. Since you are ethically prohibited to use it, there is no way you can support it.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote