View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #4
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
I'll post pictures and some programs/code, probably later today or tomorrow. That's part 2.

The short answer for the "only 11 hours" result was that the iLiad continued to think the battery was still the old 1100 mAh one. It is supposed to be able to revise its estimate both up and down, but I was unable to figure out how to make it do that. So I would turn the iLiad on, and it would shut off once it had used up 1100 mAh of power. Hence, about 10-12 hours of on time, max, even though the new battery still had loads of capacity.

One of my big questions about Calviny's post is that he said the battery monitor still worked fine for him, and that he got a 21-hour battery life almost immediately. That wasn't the case for me at all-- I'd love to figure out how it worked for him.

As a side note, I discovered that having the stylus out of the holder has almost no effect on the power draw, but turning on ethernet and dropbear more than doubles the power draw.
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote