View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Embedded fonts, Calibre, and choice of fonts

So far as I can tell, correct me if I'm wrong, if an ePub file has embedded fonts or has been produced using Calibre then the user can't change font family, and sometimes can't toggle between left aligned and justified text.

And most people who embed fonts seem to prefer serif fonts. I on the other hand prefer sans serif fonts and justified text. So although the ebook may look good to the person who has prepared it my ability to choose what I want has been taken away.

Is it possible to embed fonts or make a book with Calibre but still allow me to choose what I want without going into someone else's CSS? If that is possible I'd really appreciate it if people would do that.

Regards, Alex

Last edited by AlexBell; 05-27-2010 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote