View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2463 View Post
Hello
Now that a couple of members of my family have e-book devices, I have placed the library on a shared network drive with a copy of Calibre on each computer looking at the shared library on start-up. My question is:-

1. If user 1 found a new book and placed it from his device into the shared library, would user 2 and 3 automatically see that book in the library the next time they start Calibre?

2. Or would user 1 have to tell the other users that a new book was in the library and they would have to import it the next time they start Calibre?

many thanks in advance
Calibre is Single access.
If you ever have 2 users attached (at the same time) to the same library, bad things can happen.
Consider running the content server on a PC that is always available. The other users can then use a standard browser to get books without risking harm. The PC owner gets to do the work of adding the new books
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote