View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 12:53 AM   #3
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I've had great success using StarOffice 8.0 (the Sun version of OpenOffice.org) to create my ebooks. I take the source document, save it as an OpenDocument text file, format the OpenDocument file for the Sony Reader (I set the page size to 3.5" x 4.75" with 0.2" margins), and then export it as a PDF.

As long as StarOffice/OpenOffice.org (SO/OO.o) can open the original file, or you can convert the file into a format that SO/OO.o can read, you should have little trouble creating a PDF from the document. Unfortunately, I checked the list of formats that it can open, and .indd isn't listed. I'm not familiar with the extension, so I don't know if an .indd file can be converted into a format that is compatible with SO/OO.o.

I hope that helps.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote