View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I apologize John. I just checked and you are correct in the Overdrive has a special Overdrive MP3 support added. It seems you have to download it via their special console program available on Windows and Mac machines. I am not sure how they enforce the limited time checkout but the resultant files can then be converted to CDROM if allowed by the particular file or for iPOD Touch, iPhone devices. They don't mention other devices as being supported. More checking is needed.

Dale
Here is what I have been able to find out about mp3. It must go through the overdrive console and then get transferred to the mobile device. They indicate that:
Quote:
To use OverDrive MP3 Audiobooks on a device, the device must be able to play MP3 files encoded at a bit rate of 64kbps or be able to transcode 64kbps files to a supported bit rate. To transfer MP3 Digital Audiobooks to an Apple device, you must have iTunes v7.6.2.9 (or newer) and QuickTime v7.4.5 (or newer) installed. Note that to transfer OverDrive Audiobooks to a ZuneŽ using OverDrive Media Console Transfer Wizard, you must have OverDrive Media Console v3.1 (or newer), Zune application v3.0 (or newer), and Zune device firmware v3.0 (or newer) installed. In this scenario, you must close any other program (such as the Zune application) to which the Zune is connected before attempting to transfer an OverDrive Audiobook to the Zune.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote