View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 10:09 AM   #8
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I still can't believe that the device pictured and described is going to be the next version of the Kindle -- it is a significant step backwards from the current version.

It is bigger than current version but with the same sized screen. Who wants that?
Instead of a leather case it comes in a bag. Once again, who wants that?
It doesn't support SD cards. I love my 4gb SD card with tons of books. I also have a backup SD card.
They may not be pretty, but I also like the big buttons. Sue me.

The only thing I see from this device that I would want is support for folders, and I really can't see why a software update wouldn't allow the current Kindle to support folders.

IF the rumor that a Kindle 2.0 will be released in Q1 is true then I really doubt that it will be the device that is pictured.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote