View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #930
mike54321
mike54321 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54321 View Post
Just purchased a new PW which arrived from AMZ this past week. It shipped with 5.3.4.

Having done my research (I thought) I applied the jailbreak immediately, and it appeared to install fine and the jbr log indicated success. However, I was unable to run the KUAL launcher 2.0 and it says the "Kindlet Jailbreak Not Installed".

So I put the 2.0 in the documents file, tried reinstalling the jailbreak, the developer certs, then the launcher again. No success, same message.

In part because they were pushing out the 5.3.6 OTA update to me immediately, I tried resetting and reinstalling everything. Still no dice.

The crash.log file in the developer/KUAL/work reported: "This kindle is not a test device." That doesn't always appear however.

Anyone have any thoughts? I have read through the forums and am willing to test things, have UNIX cli skills so ssh and vi are in my purview. Could this be a new wrinkle?

All I want to do is install KOReader!

thanks
Also my serial number starts with B024, as I see from reading past threads. I'd also like to make it clear I am applying the correct KUAL launcher file, the one for the PW, applying certs and rescue .bin files one at a time, etc.
mike54321 is offline   Reply With Quote