View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 01:08 AM   #1
Sharone
Enthusiast
Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle (3) Keyboard
Please help. Brand new and it won't turn on

I just got my Cybook yesterday. Thank you NAEB.

But I'm having trouble with the cybook. I charged it for the required amount of time (using the power adapter) but the light never turned green to indicate "Charge complete" so I simply left it to charge overnight. Next day, light was still red but I figured that it should be alright after 12 hours +. All this while it was displaying the "checkered" page. Pressed the power button and the splash screen came on immediately but the light stayed LED red. Unplugged it from the charger plugged it into my computer thinking to transfer a few books.

It didn't show in XP as New Hardware and no addtional drives were visible under My Computer. Pressed the power button again and screen went blank, so I'm assuming I turned it off. Unplugged the cybook completely and tried to turn it on again. The cybook and the LED light didn't turn on.

I'm thinking battery issue. Also, it's plugged in right now and charging (LED light is red so i'm assuming it's charging) but the battery cover isn't even warm.

Sharone is offline   Reply With Quote