Thread: Boomerang
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Thanks to everyone who has added Boomerang to their ebook library.

And thanks to those who have been nice enough to say some positive things about it:

Comment at mobileread.com: Read the sample chapter and had to get it.

US Amazon review: From its great characters to its twisted plot, Boomerang is lots of fun. The humor and quirky characters are reminiscent of "The Big Lebowski" while the frenetic pacing brings to mind "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World." A missing boomerang is sought by a couple of down-on-their-luck jazz musicians, an albino assassin, two little old Australian ladies, the C.I.A. and a sexy cheerleader, not to mention the surviving members of a secret agency set up long ago by J. Edgar Hoover. The ensuing mayhem as they compete to recover the artifact, manages to be both amusing and exciting, not an easy thing for a writer to achieve. That said, I highly recommend this book. A great summer read!

Comment at mobileread.com: What a great review and much better worded than I could have done. The reviewer said what I wish I could have written in a review.

I would have added that places in the book had me laughing out loud as I pictured the characters and their antics.

UK Amazon review: I laughed like a drain reading Boomerang. This is a superb globe-trotting jet-setting farce that had me turning pages and staying up far too late, skipping work and finding hiding places in which I could read undisturbed. Boomerang contains a cavalcade of characters that we've all met on our travels and they are all treated with a level of consideration that automatically makes the reader empathise. Ted and Jerry are the main double-act hunting down a boomerang in which is hidden some super sensitive info that might blow open the American Intelligence and other Government structures, but they don't know that. Ted just wants his beloved guitar back out of the front window of Top Dollar Pawn and in his arms, Jerry could do with a beer. Hot on their heels are Ozzie women Doreen and Amelia-serious Shielas to do business with. Add to the mix a crossbow wielding assassin, underemployed Government agency staff and a clothing optional ex-cheerleader-all hot on their trail and you just know you're going to have a good time!

Comment at red adept's Kindle book review blog: Boomerang’s one of my favorite indie books precisely because of its unconventional yet oddly compelling handling of structure and character (not to mention its humor).

Last edited by plumboz; 11-16-2009 at 10:35 AM.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote