View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I use to read on a tablet till I got my Kindle Paperwhite. I agree with a tablet being heavier than a eInk Kindle. I don't have problems reading on the screen as some. I use to read on mine for hours.

My main issue is my Kindle Fire Gen 1 is not made for a large library of ebooks. As my Archive grows close to 5000 I find the Kindle app database corrupting and losing books. I have to rebuild it weekly and this can take up to 4 tries before it syncs correctly. The covers still don't show on non Amazon books sent to the Kindle Fire unless I rebuild the database. It's just too much a hassle and there is still no collections and font choices are limited. I have only three background colors to choose from: white/black/sepia.

My Kindle Paperwhite has features that the Kindle Fire doesn't and it's stable and adapts to any lighting situation. It's really lightweight and I can use whatever font I want on it. I have zero cover issues which is my main peeve about my Kindle Fire.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote