View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
PRS+ custom formatting is inconsistent

I just installed PRS+ on my reader. I loaded the fonts and I loaded a custom CSS file as follows:

@font-face {
font-family: "Charis";
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
src: url(res:///Data/fonts/CharisSILR.ttf);
}
@font-face {
font-weight: bold;
font-style: normal;
src: url(res:///Data/fonts/CharisSILB.ttf);
}
@font-face {
font-weight: normal;
font-style: italic;
src: url(res:///Data/fonts/CharisSILI.ttf);
}
@font-face {
font-weight: bold;
font-style: italic;
src: url(res:///Data/fonts/CharisSILBI.ttf);
}
body {
text-align:justify;
font-size: medium;
line-height: 3.2em;
margin-top: 1em;
margin-left: 1em;
margin-right: 1em;
}

(I used that huge line height to test if the line height was being respected or not.)

When I open books, some of them are using the Charis font, and some are not. The books that are not using the Charis font are not using a custom font, they are using the default Sony font. Some of these books are using the default Sony font, but they have the margins and line-height that I set. Some books *are* using the Charis font, but the margins and line-height are not being respected. One book had a huge margin when I loaded it, and it still has a huge margin now.

What's going on here?

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote