View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #13
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Sounds fairly reasonable to me. What I don't understand is when the author has several books in a series and the 1st book has a price and the 2nd or 3rd is the free book. I mean isn't the idea to entice a potential buyer for the series to look it over? It would seem to me that it would make more sense to have the 1st as the free book since it does introduce the author's series of books in that world.
The best idea I have ever seen got me hooked on Robert Jordan.

I was essentially a kid, and I was at a "newsstand" and they were giving away a nice paperback book. Not a small one either. I asked what was the deal, and the man at the checkout said that the publisher was trying to generate interest. So anyway, I got the free book and was introduced to the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. It turns out that the free fairly large paperback was about the first half of the first volume of the series. He wrote very large books.

I was hooked, and regret very much Jordan's early death.

I have never seen that again.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote