View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #56
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Last time I looked, teenage mothers aren't exactly a rare thing. I'm sure-- if you looked [(ardeegee muttered with just a tinge of venom)] -- you'd have little trouble finding grandmothers in their early 30s.
Teen mothers are not uncommon, but thirteen-year-old mothers whose daughters, too, become mothers at thirteen are a bit less common.

More importantly and more relevantly, teen grannies aren't signposts for a sane and tranquil middle-class existence. In each case, how old was the father and what circumstances led to pregnancy? Was incest or molestation involved? If the father was contemporary to the mother in age, then what did this boy's parenting role turn out to be and how was the child raised and treated ultimately?

I suspect that thirty-year-old women on Mobile Read aren't likely to put themselves in such disturbing positions (so to speak), nor are said positions what we wish to happen to the grannies among us.

How many of our Mobile Read members foreswore middle school to raise a tot? How many thirty-year-old grannies are we likely to find here really?

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 05-20-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote