Thread: Glo Battery Depletion?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #8
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
iirc the batteries these days are roughly good for about 1000 charges ... another reason to let them drain as much as possible before charging them again ... of course, even daily charging, that's three years. so i personally don't worry about topping it up before i go on a trip, even if the battery's not all that low ... but i don't tend to charge it til it's depleted quite a ways.

give it a few weeks of running down and charging up again to see how the battery's handling. also, pay attention to the size of books, etc ... that can make a big difference in how fast the battery drains.
Didn't Kobo support, in the past (probably for KT), assert that 2 charges at 50% and 1 charge at 0% has the same impact on the battery's life? And 3 charges at 67%, etc.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote