View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #11
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
I'm not sure if you've noticed it, if you look at the font closely, some vertical lines on some letters are darker and thinner than others. Annoying.
I noticed you'd said that in another post, greenapple, so I checked, and mine doesn't have that problem. (I work with fonts and in layout for a living, so I'm pretty sure I would have noticed it. Maybe not, but I think I would.) Much as I hate to say it, I'm wondering if the build quality of the Story is such that some individual machines aren't quite up to scratch? I know another poster here, deadpixels, is disappointed that his/her machine actually has missing pixels in the display that corrupt any text that falls on that part of the screen. I'm *very* glad I don't seem to have that display problem either.

Overall, I'm enjoying the Story, but I think I'm really making the best of a disappointing situation. The potential of the machine seems far beyond the capabilities of the operating system, which is such a pity. If they could only get the format issues sorted out, it would be a cracker of a device.

(I'm a bit annoyed at having to convert everything to ePub just so I can read it.)
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote