View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #75
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
A skin and a case are not equivalent in terms of protection. The skin protector gives no protection to the screen and only scratch protection to the rest of the device.
Yes, I'm aware of that, and when I started this thread, I actually thought about starting a second one for skins and screen protectors. But that seemed excessive to me when neither was available back then and the Aura seemed unlikely to be supported by the usual suspects (Zagg, Decal Girl, etc.).

However, many of the alternative cases we're using don't offer the same level of protection as the official SleepCovers. An example of this is the M-Edge leather sleeve which I've been using.

For some of us, tracking possible skins and screen protectors is necessary to balance the drawbacks of the case selection we've been offered.

Since I'm using a sleeve, I'd definitely benefit from a skin and SP -- if I knew that both were good quality and fit well, and that the company which made them was reliable.

Currently, I don't know any of those things -- the product information doesn't even make it clear that the protectors are or are not anti-glare.

I can't be the only Aura owner who owns an alternative case and is interested in knowing about skins and SPs.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 05-16-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote