View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #95
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloseven View Post
Thanks for the updates Sameer. Just a little suggestion or request: it would be nice to see a little more detail given in the change logs for new FWs. It's clear that more has gone on than just the two bullet points for 2.4.0, but we only know by the community testing to see how previous bugs fare. It would be nice to see a small bullet point letting us know:
  • Fixed: Font size changing at new chapters on some devices.
  • Fixed: eBooks with custom margin settings return to the correct page when re-opening them.

I know that for some users it's more information than they need, but for those users, they're never going to read past the first couple lines (if at all) anyways. It would certainly be helpful to some of us and also allow us to continue to refine our bug reports.

Anyways, all that to say that 2.4.0 is certainly working better on my Glo than 2.3.1 did and I hope that you guys can continue to iron out some of the remaining bugs and work towards (relative) parity between ePub vs. kePub features. The Glo is the best e-reader I've used and I can't wait to see some of the niggling issues fixed.
I'm very glad to see you are happy with your Glo. I'm going to look into adding major fixes to the release notes. We've done this a couple of times in the past. A full change log would be difficult however, maybe we can meet in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesse View Post
I am very happy to see a new firmware with loads of bug fixes. Thank you for all the hard work Kobo!

I am disappointed though, to see that changes to the series info reading. It does feel like a bit of a feature removal. I was happy when it was talked about in depth on this forum, as it meant I no longer had to use a plugboard for series in Calibre. Removing the ability to sort by series feels like the removal of a good feature, that set my Glo apart a bit. I really hope that Kobo consider changing it back, or as has been discussed here, giving us a series sort from the main menu that would take care of the issue. This wouldn't make the menu too crowded, and would be a lovely extra.

Unless I want to remove and reinput my entire library again -- something I had to do recently to remove the plugboard info to utilise the series feature -- I think I will stay on 2.3.2. Please Kobo -- some of us really loved this feature!
Hmm.. I can see how that would have made your experience a little more difficult. I've relayed your feedback to our User Experience team and we will consider it for the next release. Thanks!
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote