View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:55 AM   #134
Reaper1242
Reaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichrispa View Post
Well, if the screen was displaying "Restarting" and you could reboot/reset the device (first the blue light, then the flashing green one visible for about 10 seconds), than we had exactly the same issue.

Curiously enough I don't get 2.3.2 when syncing with kobo. They just give me 2.3.1 and say I'm "up to date". 2.3.2 does improve a lot of things, incl. longer battery life, fixing the annoying 'jump to the wrong page when reopening a book' bug and much (much much) better handling of PDF's.
Nothing worked for me at all. Tried power cycle, soft restart, both factory reset methods. Opened it up and pulled the battery and internal SD.
Tried connecting to USB and didn't pick up. Overnight charge on mains, nothing.
It did flash green and blue, but that was the end of it's activity. I have a hunch it was a hardware failure that just happened to coincide with the update.

From my chat with a Kobo agent they still aren't even acknowledging the release of 2.3.2. I wonder if they're skipping it outside of Japan and running straight to 2.3.3.
Reaper1242 is offline   Reply With Quote