View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 06:53 AM   #195
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
My current "knowledge state" is:

- IF you have the modified freetype library installed, you should uninstall it before updating (though you can re-install it after the update if you want).
- other than that, the update does not cause problems, even if fonthack is installed.
- after the update, your previous font settings *will* have survived. In general, this means that custom fonts continue to work (not always though. In case they don't, you'll simply get the default fonts).
@ixtab

yes, i confirm that it is not safe to remove libfreetype after updating to 5.1.0. it is also not safe to uninstall fonthack after the update. i got into trouble and have to reset my KT to resolve the problem.

my Chinese font settings remain even after the fonthack has been uninstalled. i've also removed libfreetype, and i'm not sure if it causes my Chinese fonts not able to show bold typeface.

i want to reinstall libfreetype to see if bold can be restored. do you think you can update the libfreetype installation package for 5.1.0. many thanks.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote