View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #62
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
I thought of that, but would that be a bad thing? I mean, I check the Deals forum DAILY, and it's rare for there to be more than, what? 5 new deals a day? 6, maybe? I would actually LIKE more deals.
It's a matter of volume. Remember a couple of weeks ago when we had that spate of 40-odd Dorchester/Leisure freebies which were Kindle-only on top of the "regular" new free books offerings and that pushed just that single day's worth of posts to about 3 pages back?

Now imagine that, but for book "deals" which aren't even free, and may just happen to be books which are low-priced backlist at under $5 regularly. And given the way these things seem to work, they'd probably all be Kindle-tagged deals, which would inevitably lead to more complaints by non Kindle-users who'll have a harder time finding deals for their own readers.

Perhaps it could be dealt with by having a separate sub-forum just for the freebies, and let people post what they will as "bargains", so that posters looking for either in particular will be able to quickly zero in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
If the deals posters are making a dollar a day, they are working at an ABYSMAL hourly rate. I mean, really, I'm glad they're getting tipped, but it's obvious that this isn't going to be anyone's primary source of income.
Eh, apparently most people who use affiliate links (and also those who try their hand at various forms of spam) do it as a spare-time supplementary thing anyway. It doesn't really take that much time to pick a random low-priced book and stick a link-tag on it, any more than it does to Send To All on an email list one got of via the pyramid marketing scheme that is apparently new spam recruitment.

It won't pay the rent, but as I mentioned, it might just pay for a few new shiny Kindles With Special Offers.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote