View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 08:26 AM   #24
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
[...] I think if the orginal pdf has at least 20% white space on the side/margin (that gets cropped out anyways), then to retain the newer cropped image's aspect ratio, a split by four should (theorectically) look better.

Any (practical) thoughts?
Well, it rather depends on the original PDF and how large you want the text size to look like. I attached an image of a random page how it would with the split by three look on my Cybook (set to "Fit Height"). You can see there are rather large borders on the left and right side. If I set it to "Fit Width" there are only the small borders I added via my script, but the text size is too large for my taste and I would have to scroll down to see the whole page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cybook_pdf_pi.png
Views:	651
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	12403  
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote