View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #50
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse83 View Post
You don't need high settings, but just having enought light so that it's a good black on white, is better, you just feel it that the minute you turn the light off (aka lowest setting), you are straining your eyes. Then would you want the display to be even grayer than it already is ? certainly not. The darker the background (closer to the text color) the more you strain your eyes. Why do you think they make paper white ? Pun intended.
The bold part (me) is a little misleading. It would appear that only too low contrast causes eye strain. Too much does no good either. I wish they would not make some paper so white. The paper we use at my work is that dang bleached perfect white paper. It is too bright for me - if it had the color and reflective properties of nice white styrofoam cups, I'd be happy. If reading in bright sunlight most paper is hard to read compared to the slightly grey background of e-ink - and that without having to use sunglasses. That is one thing e-ink is very good at, reading in sunlight, better than paper IMO, and certainly much better than any lcd ...
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote