Thread: Touch Power code regression?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 04:14 AM   #36
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
[...] This means for a total reading time of 40 minutes plus an outside maximum of 112 hours in sleep, the unit is dead!

[...]
Now bearing in mind the usual power profile selected for both machines is 15 Min sleep/ 30 Min power off,

[...] Whether this condition is related or not (it seems likely) I can say that there is most definitely an issue with the newer firmware Touch/Glo's when in sleep mode that is reproducible.
That is outrageous indeed. I'm still not convinced though that it is the power sleep/off time settings. Mine were set to 15min sleep and never off... There might be multiple issues though, the something-or-other that I had, plus the one you might have where it fails to switch off after 30 mins... but then again, we have extremely similar run-time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
Anyone from Kobo care to comment?
Yes please, I would like to see a comment. I'm wondering if Kobo is aware of the fact that there seem to be WAY too many battery issues lately. Has anyone let them know through getsatisfaction or the exec email address or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
If it was a firmware problem, then wouldn't more people be encountering it?
That's what I keep thinking.

Quote:
I am doing a battery test on my Glo (2.3.2) at the moment, with wifi off and only using sleep mode (no power off) I have so far read a total of 38 hours over 10 days, both kepubs and epubs sideloaded via Calibre, and battery is at 30%.
That's a lot better. However, still not optimal considering my Touch running the same firmware (2.3.2) is now at 37% after almost 28 days and is estimated to last 43 days (mostly sleep, a few 30 min reading sessions when I couldn't resist). Granted, the light will use more battery than no light at all on my Touch, but I can't imagine that difference being at least 18 days (your 10 days of 'use' at 30% and my 28 days of 'use' at 37%).

Quote:
Edit: Sorry, I forgot about the sleep:15 / Power-off:30 setting. If not many people use this setting that would explain why not many are affected by a proplem specific to this setting.
Indeed. But, as I said above, I'm not convinced this is the (only) problem.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 02-13-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote