View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 01:59 PM   #18
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
We own two Sony readers but my opinion is Amazon (or someone to be named later) will beat Sony in the long run.

Sony does not have a great track record. Amazon may be equally unproven but look at how clunky the Sony software is and how stealth their marketing is. To me that's an indicator of Sony's effort. I am very pleased to see their latest firmware update and UK sales but the Library software is still a total POS. They should pay Kovid to package Calibre with the reader! Amazon does control more written media distribution and I like the idea of wireless file transfer (and purchasing). I also see a keyboard as necessary for the best possible reader experience (and dictionary function!).

So not every Sony owner picks Sony to win. Neither do I figure Amazon has a lock on the future. Is is conceivable for e-ink to improve to where it becomes a default diplay for portable PC's. At that point a sub-notebook-ish device becomes an e-reader and much more.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote