View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
I have no gripes about ePub - it looks rather nice and I'm able to change it as I like. So I suppose it has to be linked to css. And 'that particular html file' is every file (all chapters begin right below chapter heading in mobi, while in ePub there is 2em space).
I wouldn't suppose anything at this point.
Make sure each html file as a line similar to
Code:
<link href="../Styles/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
in the head section. Where the path matches the name and the location of your particular CSS file, of course.

Quote:
I have seen em scenebrakes ignored before and was sure that it's normal behavior, but now when you said otherwise, it seems like a fault in conversion settings.
Definitely not "normal." I've never had to struggle at all to get calibre to honor the margin-top property of an ePub's CSS classes. Your indication that the unpacked mobi's paragraphs are all identical is a clear indication to me that either the ePub's CSS is not being applied anywhere ... or that you're overriding the ePub's CSS with a calibre conversion setting.

EDIT: Never mind, it appears you found the culprit.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote