Thread: Touch Firmware 2.1.4
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #144
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
Hi!!

I've been happily - for the most part - reading my KT with .17 firmware for the past few months, so I haven't been on MR.

Last night I decided I couldn't live without shelves - SHELVES!!!! - and decided to check here before I synched my KT to whatever is the latest firmware. After reading all 10 pages of comments, I'm not sure what I should do.

Please, may I clarify a few things, get some opinions?

1) Danger, you went from .17 to 2.1.4 and now your KT doesn't respond? Has anyone else gone from .17 directly to the new firmware without a problem?

2) Should I do a factory reset of the firmware (which would bring me back to .10), then upgrade to 2.1.4, *then* install my sideloaded books? I remember reading in one of the posts that there could be a library issue with sideloaded epubs, and **ALL my 500 books are sideloaded epubs.**

3) If I were to find there is a problem with my going to 2.1.4, how do I roll back to .17? I have the firmware .zip packet on my HD.

4) Are sideloaded fonts now not useable? I generally use sideloaded fonts, so this would be a problem.

5) I read that the Delima font is gone, are any of the other previously "hardwired" fonts that have been removed? I don't have Delima on my laptop, nor do I want to pay for it when it was there before. It's a nice font, removing it makes no sense.

I'm sorry for all the questions, I want to make an informed decision before I upgrade or stay with .17 (my spouse is running .12 and very happy). Every time I think "I should upgrade", they've released a new version with new issues. That's why I've been stuck at .17, wonky top margins and all.

Thanks for your time!!!

Last edited by VirgoGirl; 10-06-2012 at 10:09 AM.
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote