View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #77
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
I haven't rooted mine and have no desire to. One disadvantage I can see from reading this forum is that whenever there's an update, you first have to un-root it to update the Vox and then go back through all the work again to customize it and remove the default apps all over again.
The "unroot before update" part is apparently a myth brought over from ios jailbreaking. It is true you have to remove the default apps again but using es file explorer, this is 5 minutes work and you _can_ remove them again which you can't without root. Another option (if you simply don't want to see the default apps or allow them to run but don't care about recovering their space) would be to freeze them using titanium backup. This would survive an update and again would require root.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote