Thread: Upgrading
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by karpomatic View Post
Okay, I've been a Nook Classic user and lover since it came out. I have been resisting getting a Color but I'm 99% positive that I'll be getting one for Christmas. So, I have a few questions I wanted to pose to the already using Nook Color crowd.

1- One of the things I'm really worried about not having is the 3G network for books. How often has it become a problem? I really like not needing a Wifi connection.

2- I've read here that the battery life sucks. Does anybody have any tricks other than airplane mode?
1. I have 133 books on my NC that I have yet to read. I do not need 3G to immediately download another book when I am not at home.

2. 8 Hours is a a very good battery life for an LCD tablet. You cannot compare e-ink and LCD battery life. . Even the Kindle fire has an 8 hours battery life. And most cheap Android tablets have ony 3 to 4 hours.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote