View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #287
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdt View Post
My father is going on holidays to US and I was thinking of asking him to bring me back (Argentina) the new Nook touch (buying it from a B&N store).
I don't care about warranty and for what I understand, I could buy ebooks from B&N through a VPN or something that hides my IP and pay it with my local credit card. Even if I couldn't do that, there are plenty of sources for epub books so I can copy them to the SD card and get the Nook to read them from there (I thinks it's called side-loading).
My question is, can I register the Nook at all from Argentina? I read on this forum that you'd need to get an IP address and a fisical US address... how can I get that?
I mean, even if I could get behind a proxy or something to get a US IP, where do I get the shipping/billing address? I know it sounds dumb, but honestly I got no idea.
I read someone suggested usunlock, but that's for buying and shipping, I just would need to register it.
Any clues?
Thanks in advanced
You can register your Nook anywhere in the world.
You can buy books using your PC and a VPN like Hotspot Shield (free) or alwaysVPN ($8.50).
You can use any valid US address as shipping and billing address. Just google something (for example a hotel in New York). Nothing will be send to this address.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote