View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 12:57 PM   #9
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
I don't quite understand the harsh reactions to this article. I thought it was cool that she admitted that change was coming. It didn't appear that she has experienced the joy of e-ink, but didn't she mention that the idea of a portable library is appealing?

As the "I'm scared of change and technology" articles go, I didn't think it was that bad. Might even spark some people to investigate e-books more and try to find out what all the fuss was all about. At least she is discussing it rather than ignoring it and saying it won't happen. Music publishers made this mistake. They thought that digital downloads would go away if they became bullies, but that's not what happened and now they are pinching themselves by not taking advantage sooner.

I do find it ironic that she was saddened by the change e-books are bringing, yet her article was posted on the web. Plenty of people are saddened by the fact that newspapers are becoming more web based.

Last edited by tsgreer; 02-27-2008 at 01:00 PM.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote