View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 09:15 AM   #5
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlauzon View Post
The way I understand copyright today is that the simple act of writing something down puts it under copyright. Yes, that means your grocery list is copyrighted as soon as you write it down.

So by default, it's under copyright. You don't need the "Copyright (c) 2007" in the document.
Yes, but maybe the intention was to put the work in public domain but since there is no tradition to say if the public domain book you are distributing here with you enhancement is copyrighted by you or in the public domain this information is missing.

Quote:
Hmmm... Reading the license at link you provided, it says:
"If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one. "
So it would seem that the copy here would need to also have this license in it.

I would assume that it would be in the same place (i.e. at the bottom).
That is my understanding also. A link in the posting containing the book is probably enough but I think it is better to have the link or the information in the book.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote