View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #8
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Here, in the Netherlands, we have a national bank account, which is opened for certain catastrophic events all over the world. The money that is put in there, only goes to that cause.
Sounds like a good thing. We can donate here too but it goes to charities that will then use the money. And as mentioned, I am rather picky these days who gets my money.

But I have now made up my mind. Rather than sitting and analysing it to death I have decided to split the money I wanted to donate and have given it to 2 charities:
  1. One is 'Medicine sans frontriers' for immediate relief - yes I am aware that they may use the money elsewhere but I believe they are a worthy course at any rate (no link - just google if interessted and charity in your country will pop up);
  2. The other is a small charity 'Yele Haiti' - this donation is to assist haitian (?) people after the first crisis. http://yele.org/

Took me a while to work these out, but I am now happy with my choices.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote