View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
anathema
Enthusiast
anathema began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Got paperwhite! Batch 502

I was a little hesitant to order one after all the moaning on here about them, but I got one and I couldn't be happier with the screen. I had a K3 with the contacts on for the integrated light cover. Now THAT was a pain in the ass haha.

The lighting is bright (from far too bright to a bit too dim which is good), it is very even, the blacks are very black, and the screen responsiveness is normal to good to e-ink.

There is some very very slight spotlighting in the bottom, but you'd have to be the e-reader equivalent of an audiophile dummy buying $100/foot speaker wire to care I think.

The only thing I'd change which is not screen related is the home screen only shows 3 books! Then at the bottom is some "Award winning books" junk. Be nicer if the whole screen was just my books but I haven't found a way to fix that yet.

Compared to my keyboard'd kindle, this thing is tiny. Between that and only the screen being lit at night in a dark room making it so you cant see the bezel, it makes the screen seem smaller than my old one despite being identical haha.

So far I love it, see how it stands the test of time though.
anathema is offline   Reply With Quote