View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #202
textchimp
textchimp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.textchimp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.textchimp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It is related to the "widows" and "orphans" style settings. The default is 3 for both and the reader respects this. If the style of the book sets it to something else, the reader uses that.

Thanks for this info! I tried

Code:
p, body{
widows: 0; 
orphans: 0;
}
in my book conversion stylesheet in Calibre, and it seems to help with these page gaps, but it doesn't stop them completely in some cases. I can tell the setting is doing something though, because if e.g. I set widows to a high value like 10, there are pages with huge amounts of empty space at the bottom where the next paragraph has been withheld.

Still hoping there's a way to have a fullscreen mode which uses all that space at the bottom of the screen. I hope we don't have to wait for Adobe to address it. It seems like the space has been left there so that the bottom menu always has empty space in which to appear (and also to hide the light shadowing) - so I hope Kobo has some control over this.
textchimp is offline   Reply With Quote