View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
This was one of those books that I got about three-quarters of the way through before I thought, "Why?" Although the writing was good, the book just depressed me so bad, and from what I knew about it even before I read it, I knew that I wasn't likely to be any less depressed when I finished it. If I'm not going to be actually entertained or enthralled by a book, I at least want to learn something from it, and that didn't seem to be happening for me. But, as always, YMMV, because I'm not a big fan of that category of books I call "Oprah books," which always seem to feature someone with a wretched life story trying to find some redemption in the end. I've read plenty of sad books in my time, but now I want something a little different. Only my opinion, though, and lots of people love this book. :-)
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote