View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #9
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbooks View Post
Hi,

Sorry, I don't know what ManyBooks is .. if you could please give me a link I will take a look. The idea behind my site is to provide access to all the PG books as and when people require them, it is not to store all books in LRF format.
Here is a link http://manybooks.net/about/ . They offer almost all the PG books in various download formats.

Quote:
As for the Italics .. I have to admit that I had not done my homework with regards to this. I will add in Italics and emphasis tonight.
That would be a nice addition!

Quote:
For the table of contents I will have to check how consistent the PG books actually are, once I have established this then I can create TOC.
Automatic TOC generation is tricky (Mobipocket Creator/Calibre do it using RegEx and HTML tags; BookDesigner does this also very well). It would improve the usefulness of your conversions.

Quote:
In the process of creating a LRF book I actually do some work on the .txt file and convert it into html so I could use the html versions and cut out a step.
Could you allow the "intermediary" .html to be offered for download as well. That could be used to convert to other formats, like .prc/.mobi using mobigen or .epub using Calibre.

Quote:
It is a work in progress but I am a very competent programmer and I am confident that I can do almost anything required to create perfect LRF books.

Regards,

Trevor
Thanks for sharing this!

How do you convert .html to .lrf? In PDFRead, I used the python pylrs package by Mike Higgins (Falstaff) to produce .lrf from .html containing primarily images and not a lot of text.

Have you seen this similar (but over-the-top) effort before: Converting Project Gutenberg books to SONY Reader?

Here's the direct link to Project Gutenberg for the SONY Reader devices.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote