View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #6
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I agree that if you'd prefer to have physical buttons over the touch screen, then the basic Kindle (Kindle 4) is probably ideal. It does have less storage space, but susan_cassidy is right, so has the Paperwhite, in fact all Kindle's since the KK have went with the 2GB storage.

I am considering upgrading to the Paperwhite from my Kindle Keyboard, but if I have any issues with not liking how the light affects the contrast, I may end up just replacing it with the basic Kindle. If you aren't bothered about touch screen or a light, I don't really think you can beat it.

Other options are to switch to an epub reader with a touch screen but also page turn buttons (and use SD cards for added storage). The Nook Simple Touch is a nice price, if you can still find any after Nook's fire sale of them. For extra cash you can get the very latest Sony models, but although the new T3 is nice and light, it's pretty much the same price as the latest lighted readers Kindle Paperwhite and Kobo Aura, and so not really worth the price.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote