View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
witchkitten
Enthusiast
witchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Helen, what do you mean by glitchy. What sort of glitches have you experienced?

I actually went to look the Kobo at an indie retailer near me and I was impressed. I didn't think anyone made dedicated ereaders with dynamic page numbers but that's what the Kobo had. I love how customizable it is in terms of fonts and margins, and the fact there's the option of forcing non-justified text to justify. Also, I was happy that it showed the number of pages left in the chapter, and I actually prefer having a total percentage read to having the total number of pages, though it would be nice to have both. Of the three ereaders I've tried (Nook, Kindle, Kobo) the Kobo is the closest to Stanza (RIP), which was my favorite ereading software. I also though it was comfortable to hold. The rubberized material is so much better than the hard material used by the Kindle Touch.

My main gripe with the Kobo is that it didn't always register my finger taps to move the pages backwards or forwards. I don't like to swipe so that's something I have to think about. Also, the top and bottom margins at the lowest setting were larger than I'd like. My Nook fits a lot more words to a page with the same font and font size. The software wasn't as intuitive as my Nook, which of the three ereaders I've tried is the closest to the iPhone, but I'm sure I'd get used to it.

The store I went to only had the glo and the mini. I'm interested to see the Aura too. Hopefully one of the other local retailers has one on display.

Last edited by witchkitten; 08-06-2013 at 02:42 PM.
witchkitten is offline   Reply With Quote