View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
GlynG
GlynG can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGlynG can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGlynG can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGlynG can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGlynG can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGlynG can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGlynG can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGlynG can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGlynG can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGlynG can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterGlynG can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
E-ink reader for large pdf image files?

I知 interested in buying my first e-ink e-book reader, but I知 struggling to find one that suits my needs. I知 not sure if there痴 anything suitable out there now or if I should just abandon the idea and hope future tech improves. I thought I壇 try asking you in the know here for advice, as I'm not that familiar with what's out there.

I知 definitely only interested in an e-ink ebook reader (for battery life and readability), I already have existing gadgets for other uses.

Any bookstore with it would be irrelevant as I値l mostly be using the reader for pdfs - I have a large collection of pdfs ebooks, made up of scans of full colour A4 pages. I need an ebook reader that can comfortably display and zoom in and out of large pdf files e.g. I have one that is 326MB.

I'd not heard of them before tonight but a large screen reader like the Kindle DX could suit me, if such an old discontinued device would be ok with loading and zooming in of large pdfs.

Also, the existing e-ink range seems to have a truly pathetic amount of memory compared to tablets and phones. I have in the region of 200Gb or so of ebooks and pdfs to read. Do any ebook readers support SD cards so that I could use a Lexar 256Gb SD card in one?

Or what are the existing ebook readers like at supporting large Micro-SD cards? I have a 64Gb Micro-SD (which I値l be upgrading to a 128Gb one when they come out), will these work in existing ebook readers in practice? I notice most claim to only support up to 32Gb, but then so does my Nokia 808 mobile and yet the 64Gb card in it works perfectly anyway.

Thanks in advance for any comments / info / feedback!
GlynG is offline   Reply With Quote