View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 05:42 AM   #26
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
1. I'd be happy to take a look at your eBook.
paul@durrant.co.uk
But the alternative is just to upload it - if there are problems, you'll get feedback, and can replace the original eBook with a revised version, as you can edit your posts, including changing the attachments.

2. I try to find an out-of-copyright cover for the book, using google image search, or abebooks. Then I tidy it up a little, possibly adding in new text for title and author.

For your book, an abebooks search turns up no covers for early editions, but a google image search finds a nice painted portrait of Mark Twain from the 1890 by Carroll Beckwith. This is well out of copyright, and will do nicely. A quick addition of some text to the image, save as JPEG less than 59KiB (to be on the safe side - Mobipocket doesn't like images bigger than 60KiB or so) and a cover is ready (attached). No artistic talent required!

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Err, I'm not sure if my queries should go here - please move this reply if it's in the wrong place.

I'm almost ready to upload the very first ebook I have produced; it will be Twain, Mark - The War Prayer. It's very short but I haven't found it anywhere else and I think it's a very important topic. Anyway ..

1 Is there anyone who would be willing to 'beta test' the ebook before I upload it - to check for style, readability etc?
2 I have no graphic or visual abilities whatever - where can I get something like the 'Mobipocket Free ebook' cover on which I can overwrite the title?

Regards, Alex
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The War Prayer.jpg
Views:	1842
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	15136  
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote