Thread: Duokan FAQ
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 08:17 PM   #43
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by linksys View Post
Try what I may, I cannot see the boot menu!

I have a Kindle 2 International (B003)

I copy the DK* folders to the kindle root directory.

I copy the Update_DK_k2i.bin file in "12月11号发布版本/卸载包/K2+DX全能版(美国+国际版)卸载包".

I "update" the kindle2.

I restart the kindle.

No boot menu!

I have restarted it 3-4 times. I have resetted the kindle to factory settings, and then installed duokan. Still no boot menu! Even tried pressing '1' continuously... still the kindle2 boots into the default firmware.

Help!!
Hmmm. That does seem strange. I, too, have a K2i, and it worked fine for me. Maybe try redownloading Duokan, and replacing just the DK_System folder. Here is where you can download the previous version: http://dl.dbank.com/c0l6stc0nj

The latest version actually defaults to Duokan on first boot, so you shouldn't even have to make a selection at the boot screen.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote