View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #11
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
I can't explain how it works--though thanks for the explanation above, which does give me a vague idea of the difference. Roughly 4x faster?

But what I can say is that what got my husband all riled up: apparently, when you set the router, it works at the lower speed if you set it to handle things that require g. So when we had it set that way for my Kindle, our connection speed was quite a bit slower. Very noticeably slower, actually. I found it frustrating how slow pages were loading. Of course, if you don't have an n-capable router in the first place, you probably wouldn't notice it.
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote