View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
KSO wifi connectivity questions on home network

Ok, so I got my brand new KSO wifi today and then went to register it. We had major connectivity issues (so I finally registered through my macbook on Amazon's website instead).

There are a number of problems, and it may be that I'm just too new to sort this out, so bear with me.

First, we had a problem with it not accepting the password for our connection. Part of the issue is my husband has chosen a super long complicated password, which of course, would be easy enough to copy and paste in, but is not easy to type in. For the time being, we changed to an easy password so I get the KSO connected.

Still wouldn't work.

After some googling, I found out that the Kindle cannot connect to wifi networks using "n" unless they are in b or g compatibility mode. So we switched over, and it connected easily.

The problem is we don't want to stay in b or g compatibility mode all the time, as it slows down the connection on everything else. But I guess I have to do this to connect the KSO to our wifi? Is there a way around this?

And will I be able to copy/paste a long password into the wifi connect box? (I haven't figured out how to do this, but it must be possible)

Another question, if I really can't get around the problem with n wifi, would I be better off having the kindle with 3 g? I know I can side load stuff onto the kindle, but really, if I can't use wifi easily at home and have to sideload stuff, I could have just got a sony.

Would I have the same wifi problems with the nook?

Am I going to have to change up our router settings every time I want to connect the KSO?

(And sorry if these sound like obvious questions--I've only had the KSO for a couple of hours, and I usually let my husband deal with the router settings, so I'm not real up to speed on that.
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote